Which direction are you going in 2017?
We have traveled many paths over the course of the years– trying to figure out who we are and what we want to do in life. Each year we continue to set goals, make resolutions, and promises to ourselves. Some of us go in the same direction each year only to find ourselves in the same mess. If you continue to do what you have always done then you will only go where you have always been. Do not be in such a hurry to enter 2017 without knowing the direction in which you are headed towards. Many people are going nowhere fast. Are you that person going in circles each year? Do you know your purpose in life? Are you living out your purpose? Are you on the right path towards your destiny? Will the path you chose for 2017 help you become a better person? If not, then it’s time for a change. It’s time for a different plan of action. It is time for a different plan, not your plan but God’s plan. In 2017 ask God to bless your plan and you will be successful in carrying them out. Let God direct your steps.
Proverbs 16:1- 4; 9
- We may make our plans, but God has the last word
- You may think everything you do is right, but the Lord judges your motives
- Ask the Lord to bless your plans, and you will be successful in carrying them out.
- Everything the Lord has made has its destiny; and the destiny of the wicked is destruction
- You may make your plans, but the Lord directs your actions
God has a plan for your life. But first you must surrender to Him. Please understand that your plans are not God’s plans; our ways are not His ways. God allows us to plan our lives and make preparations with our heart but as you know our heart can sometimes mislead us. So like a good father He wants to lead us and guide us in the right direction. God only wants the best for his children. God created you for his own purpose and inside you is a purpose that’s far greater than you can ever imagine or understand. There is greatness within you that you have yet to unleash. You cannot unleash that greatness within you as long as you are living in your comfort zone. The reasons He shuts doors in your life and lead you into the wilderness (moving you out of your comfort zone) are so that you may be far away from friends and families and hear from Him. He wants to change your hearts and lives, and for you to trust and believe in Him. So that you may bear witness to the goodness of His mighty works and know that He is God.
- The voice of one that crieth, Prepare ye in the wilderness the way of Jehovah; make level in the desert a highway of our God.
- I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water.
- Behold, I will do a new thing; now shall it spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Have faith and let God lead you on the right path, in the right direction. He leads us to discover and understand our purpose through our gifts and talents. He will allow you to fall down and go through some storms. He knows that you have what it takes to survive any situation. After all, he is the creator of all things. He is only preparing you for the blessing(s) that’s awaiting you. What you may think is destroying you is actually building you up for the promise, His promise. You can’t get to the promise being the same way you are. You must change!
A New Year does not mean a New You until You change.
The Lord says, I will teach you the way you should go; I will instruct you and advise you.